Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Dr. Ken Berry, a family physician from Tennessee and famed YouTube doctor, joins us to talk about keto and carnivore for type 1 diabetics.
Ken has over 1.5 million YouTube subscribers and has dedicated his career to raising awareness about the benefits of reducing carbohydrates from our diets. He shares his professional experience treating type 1 and type 2 diabetics who have had incredible results following the low carb, keto, and carnivore ways of eating.
Meet Dr. Ken Berry
Wins & Fails
Jessie's Win: Jessie has been fighting a late summer cold, and her win is that she only had one day of bad blood sugars. Good practice for if she gets sick during college!
Colleen's Fail: Edgepark Medical, one of my 3rd party distributors for my supplies, didn’t have the right fax number for my doctor, so they thought I hadn’t seen my endo for over two years, and that caused a holdup with getting my supplies sent on time. It’s always a good idea to double check that companies like that have all the correct information.
Hack or Tip of the Week
When moving or packing for a trip, write down what you've already packed. It helps with the anxiety of wondering if you really did pack your toothbrush.
Question for You!
Have you seen Ken Berry on YouTube? If so, what is your favorite video?
Links & Resources
- What KETO did to my Type 1 Diabetes - Video
- 5 Steps for Type 1 Diabetics to start a Low-Carb Diet - Video
- 7 Benefits of Low-Carb/KETO for Type 1 Diabetics - Video
- DIABETES Q&A with Dr Berry - Video
- The Diabetes Solution, by Dr. Richard Bernstein (affiliate link)
- TYPEONEGRIT Facebook group
- Lies My Doctor Told Me, by Ken Berry (affiliate link)
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Support the blog & podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Follow on Facebook
- Join my free Facebook Group, Life & Mindset Coaching
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!