Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner.
Insulin affordability is a major issue across the globe. Joe Barber, a rep in the pharmaceutical industry, shares resources offered by all three of the major insulin manufacturers.
Have a game plan for if you need insulin in an emergency. Plan ahead of time to learn the process, JUST IN CASE.
Meet Joe Barber
Wins & Fails
Jessie was out for this interview, so I have the win, fail, and hack.
Colleen's Win: I recorded this episode way before its release, so this is old news, but I got my diabetes alert tattoo!
Colleen's Fail: My last three sensors have had cutting out incidents for no particular reason. So that’s fun. I can’t get Dexcom to replace them unless they cut out for 3 hours or more.
Hack or Tip of the Week
Joe talks about this in the episode but it’s good to say it multiple times—if you’re in need of insulin, go to the three major manufacturers’ websites for their affordability programs.
Question for You!
Did you know about these different affordability options? I didn’t! Let us know in the comments what YOU would do if you had to find insulin fast.
Links & Resources
- Novo Nordisk's assistance program
- Eli Lilly's assistance program
- Sanofi's assistance program
- More Sanofi information
- Apidra-specific program
- NeedyMeds (the website Joe forgot while we were talking)
- NeedyMeds Poverty Guidelines Percents
- Episode 91: Medicare FAQ with Kathe Kline
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Support the blog & podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Follow on Facebook
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!