Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner.
How do you run experiments with type 1 diabetes? Is it even safe? In this episode, we talk about experimentation, how to run experiments with T1D, and why you don't need to be afraid to experiment.
When I talk about experimenting, I mean trying new things to find out what works for you, for your body, for your life—instead of blindly relying on a doctor or other health professional to tell you what to do…especially if it’s the same advice they give to all their other patients.
Colleen's Win: Today we're celebrating making it to 126 episodes without a single missed week! When we started, Jessie was 16 and in high school, and now she's halfway through her first year of college. Two and a half years ago, I was side hustling as a VA, and today I have a growing coaching practice and a published novel!
Jessie's Win: She closed out 2021 in a good way! For Christmas, they had to cancel their family dinner, so she got to cook dinner for her brother and mom!
Tip of the Week
This tip is taken from a book called The Gap and the Gain, by Dan Sullivan and Benjamin Hardy. Measure all your progress backward, against where you were when you started—don’t measure yourself against the ideal that you see in the future. When we try to measure against the ideal, we always fall short. But when we measure backward, we can always see the progress.
The spotlight this week is on Jordan Michael Peterson, a T1D singer/songwriter. Last year he released an album with a song called Pinpricks, a thank-you message to his parents for raising three kids with T1D.
Here is the link to the YouTube lyric video for Pinpricks!
Question for You!
What are some things you want to experiment with in your diabetes care this year? What new things do you want to try? Let us know in the comments in the show notes or on Instagram.
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Support the podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Follow us on Facebook
- Episode 111: Keto & Carnivore for T1Ds, w/ Dr. Ken Berry
- The $72 Billion Weight Loss & Diet Control Market in the United States, 2019-2023 - Why Meal Replacements are Still Booming, but Not OTC Diet Pills - ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business Wire
- Dr. Jeremy Robertson - Pilot & Aviation Medical Examiner - JDRF Australia T1D Tune In - Omny.fm
- Jeremy 🙂 (@type_1_pilot)
- Episode 89: Tim Krauss
- Sean Busby—Arctic Hive
- Eric Tozer
- 42 Factors that Affect Diabetes
- Mind-Set Matters: Exercise and the Placebo Effect
- Mind over milkshakes: mindsets, not just nutrients, determine ghrelin response
- Pinpricks, a song by Jordan Michael Peterson
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!