Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner.
Diagnosed at age 42, Jason Robinson lives an unconventional live with type 1 diabetes. He's a digital nomad living without a permanent address, but with a permanent condition. In this episode, Jason shares what it's like navigating T1D and extensive travel.
Meet Jason Robinson
Jason didn’t see his 3rd country until he was 40 years old.
At age 41, he sold everything to live as a location-independent nomad... and got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a little over a year later at age 42... during the COVID pandemic!
Since then, he continues to navigate Type 1, insurance, remote work, and living nomadically, often spending months abroad at a time. Jason also recently published "The Beginner Traveler's Guide To Going Nomad," (affiliate link) a hands-on book that help those with a fear of "learning to travel" to overcome the hurdles and experience all of the growth that travel can bring.
Connect with Jason on Instagram @thenomadexperiment.
Links & Resources
- Join us in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club, our private Discord community for people with T1D.
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod, @jj_crystalkat, & @colleen.mitchell.t1d
- Follow us on Facebook
- The Nomad Experiment website
- The Beginner Traveler's Guide To Going Nomad - Tough Love, Tips & Strategies To Help You Finally Kick-Start Your Travel Life...Or Go Full Nomad! --> Amazon Affiliate Link
- 52-Trail Hiking Journal and Logbook: Hiking with Diabetes Edition --> Amazon Affiliate Link
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!