Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
In this episode, we talk to Rob Howe of Diabetics Doing Things about how diabetes plays a major part of his life and why he’s so interested in focusing on diabetes founders in the world. Rob is a former professional basketball player, an entrepreneur, and passionate about helping just one more person with diabetes understand that they’re not alone.
Rob talked with us about his journey in podcasting. When he started, his metric of success was if he helped one single person within the first 10 episodes. Now, Diabetics Doing Things has over a million downloads and Rob still focuses on helping just one more type 1 diabetic.
Right now (late 2019, early 2020), Rob’s working on a series on DDT called Diabetic Founders, where he focuses on people with diabetes who have founded companies, websites, and are working on amazing projects. Those companies might not focus on diabetes, but maybe they do. The point is learning more about what diabetics can do when we put our minds to it.
- Connect with Rob Howe on Instagram, and check out the DDT Insta too!
- Listen to episode 38 of Diabetics Doing Things Podcast, the episode with Jeremy Robertson—an airline pilot with type 1 diabetes.
- Support us on Patreon!
- Connect on Facebook!
- Listen directly on Buzzsprout, our podcast host!
Want to Read or Listen to More?
- 25 Truth Bombs to Make You Re-Think Type 1 Diabetes
- The Stress Associated with Type 1 Diabetes
- What is Type 1 Diabetes and Why You Should Care
- What Burnout Looks Like in a Type 1 Diabetic
- World Diabetes Day is About Visibility
- What I’ve Learned from 20 Years at Panther Camp
- 4 Things Type 1 Diabetics Have to Watch Out For
- How to React When Family Members Joke About Diabetes
- This is What a Day as a Type 1 Diabetic Looks Like