Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
This episode is all about scar tissue and site rotation. This is important for type 1 diabetics because, over time, we end up poking or pricking ourselves with a lot of needles, especially if you're on wearables.
There are several areas on the body you want to avoid for wearables (sensors, sets). Even with those no-go-zones, you still have plenty of real estate on the body to get proper site rotation, and save yourself from too much scar tissue buildup.
Wins & Fails
Colleen's Win: I did some basal adjustments and correction factor adjustments a few days ago to see if that will help with afternoon lows and my Control IQ settings giving high correction boluses for small spikes.
Jessie's Win: Jessie's weight went up even though she thought she was losing some. So, she's gone back to stricter low-carb eating.
Tip of the Week
Every now and then, try a completely new spot that you’ve never used before. You may find a new site that you like and can incorporate into your rotation going forward.
The spotlight this week is on Meghan Trainor, who was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during her pregnancy. She called it "a little little tiny bump in the road" and turned its management into a game.
You can read more about Meghan's story here.
Question for You!
What's your experience with scar tissue? Do you rotate your sites frequently enough to avoid scar tissue buildup?
Links & Resources
- Support the blog & podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Follow on Facebook
- Join my free Facebook Group, Life & Mindset Coaching
- Episode 64: T1D Crime Scene Investigator, with Haley Williams—Haley puts her Dexcom G6 sensor on her inner forearm.
- Insulin Injection Areas
- Infusion Sets - Diabetes.co.uk
- Lipohypertrophy - Injections and Lumpy Skin
- Infusion Set Insertion Locations
- Trying A New Infusion Set Site Location | The LOOP Blog
- Where Can I Find New Insertion Sites?
- Choosing an Infusion Site
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!