Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner.
Why is it important to pay attention to your blood pressure as a type 1 diabetic? What do the numbers even mean? In this episode, we talk about blood pressure and how it relates to living with T1D... And some signs yours could be too low or too high.
As with all our episodes, this is not medical advice. This is based on our research on the internet and our own personal experiences. If you think you have blood pressure problems, talk to your doctor.
Wins & Fails
Colleen's Win: Both the sensors I put on my forearms worked really well. I’m really happy with that location and am glad to have two extra sites to include in my rotation now.
Jessie's Fail: Another year of fundraising runs & walks for type 1 diabetes have been canceled or moved virtual. Tacoma, WA's JDRF walk and Seattle's Beat the Bridge are now online.
Hack or Tip of the Week
Have a grab & go bag of insulin and diabetes supplies that’s separate from your vacation supplies. That way you have something ready for a quick trip or in case of emergency.
This week's spotlight is on Beat the Bridge, the annual walk sponsored by Nordstrom in Seattle, WA.
2021's race is the 39th annual race to benefit JDRF.
To sign up to compete virtually, head to their website.
(Also, exercising helps with blood pressure!)
Question for You!
Is blood pressure one of your concerns as a type 1 diabetic?
Links & Resources
- Support the blog & podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Follow on Facebook
- Patient Info: Diabetes and High Blood Pressure
- WebMD: Diabetes & High Blood Pressure: Managing Diabetic Hypertension
- Pubmed: What is the ideal blood pressure goal for patients with diabetes mellitus and nephropathy?
- Diabetes.org: High Blood Pressure and Elevated Glucose Levels Present Comparable Risk for Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes to Develop Heart Disease | ADA
- Medical News Today: Diabetes and hypertension: What is the relationship?
- HBP Linked to Kidney Disease in Type 1 Diabetes
- LBP Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments
- Diabetes.co.uk: High and Low BP Symptoms
- Diabetes Self Management: When Is BP Too Low
- Heart.org: Understanding BP Readings
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!