Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week fifty-one: January 27-February 3, 2019.
Every week that goes by while I’m on this journey has been one step closer to my future.
My “mantra” for 2019 is to take each day—each week—and each month as they come, because despite my inherent planning nature, plans can change in the blink of an eye.
That all said, this past week has been a mix of both sides of that coin.
What I Said I’d Do
- Big Goal: Publish my book.
- This Week: Finish up the word-count goal for my book & spend 3 hours editing.
- Big Goal: Achieve a healthy weight.
- This Week: MWF 30 minutes in my work gym; Sun/Thurs rock climbing.
- Big Goal: Earn $12,000 in side-income.
- This Week: Continue working with clients.
- Personal Goal: Prepping for February’s goal to interview my Grandma
- This Week: Get some interviewing equipment (lapel microphones and a phone tripod) and spend part of Sunday interviewing her 🙂
What I Actually Worked On
- Reached 75,000 words in my book and started line edits.
- MW—30 mins each in my work gym; Sun (28th) rock wall.
- Client work! 🙂
- Ordered lapel microphones and a phone tripod, and am all prepped for the first interview with my grandma!
I spent a decent amount of time creating a plot “mind map” so I could better visualize how my scenes all connected. My writing tool of choice is Scrivener (on Windows) and the binder sidebar is linear so I found it difficult to decide how to order scenes. I poked around the internet for an easy mind-mapping tool and ended up starting a free 30-day trial of Scapple, which is Scrivener’s sibling, also made by Literature & Latte.
I skipped Thursday’s rock wall “appointment” because of some timing with my insulin pump upgrade and switching to the next generation of my CGM sensor (continuous glucose monitor). I’m super excited about this because the sensors last for 10 days instead of 7, I don’t actually have to test my blood sugar anymore (because the sensor is “factory-calibrated”), and it integrates on my insulin pump to do this thing called “Basal IQ” which turns off my insulin delivery if my pump predicts a low blood sugar in the next 30 minutes.
It’s pretty slick to see in action! Last night it triggered five times and prevented predicted lows. For any parents of younger type 1s out there, please look into getting the Dexcom G6 paired with Tandem’s t:Slim X2 pump.
Especially since I fly every couple months for work and I really, really hate getting what’s known as “baggage claim lows” because of pressure changes and the distance between the gate and baggage claim. I wrote about it here. (Friend link.)
- Spend a few minutes a day in online courses
- Line edits for my book
- Audio cleanup for my first interview with my grandma
- Client stuff 🙂
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity
- 43: Hello, New Cousin!
- 44: My Office is a Disaster Zone
- 45: Goals, Decluttering, and Courses
- 46: Christmas, Skiing, Friends, and Family
- 47: New Year, Such Excitement!
- 48: Rock Climbing! Skiing!
- 49: Pitching, Clients, and a Happy Dance
- 50: Settling into Routine and Flow