Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week fifty-two, the final week of this series: February 3-9, 2019.
This is it.
The last installment of my “Journey to Magnificence.”
When I started this thing back in February 2018, I had a tough time imagining what it would feel like to finally reach 52.
But here we are!
My life has changed so much in the last year.
I’ve consistently posted twice a week on this blog, made almost $250 on Medium from locked stories, started a Virtual Assistant side-business—and landed clients way faster than I ever thought would happen!
I got clear on my goals for 2019 and every week I look back and look forward so I can iterate the next week.
That’s truly the secret—take it one step at a time, and don’t rush.
What I Said I’d Do
- Big Goal: Publish my book.
- This Week: Line edits
- Big Goal: Achieve a healthy weight.
- This Week: utilize my hotel’s gym in the mornings (at a conference in Vegas!)
- Big Goal: Earn $12,000 in side-income.
- This Week: Continue working with clients, and spend some time in online courses that build my skills offerings.
- Personal Goal: Interviewing my Grandma
- This Week: Clean up audio from Sunday’s interview
What I Actually Worked On
- Edited 5 scenes for my book
- Got a new contract out for my wonderful client
- Survived a company conference—in Las Vegas, of all places
I flew to Las Vegas on Monday morning—kind of.
We were scheduled to take off at 11:30, but the Seattle Snowpocalypse rolled in overnight and it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to drive to the airport when it normally takes about 25 to 30 minutes. I knew, going into it, that it was probably going to be a long day, but I honestly had no idea how long.
Everything was on-time until we were supposed to board, and then we were delayed for an hour. Then, after boarding, we sat on the tarmac for another two and a half hours—enough time to watch an entire movie on Delta’s seat-back screens.
For the record, Johnny English Strikes Again is pretty good if you’re a Mr. Bean fan.
When we finally landed in Las Vegas it took a couple hours before we actually had dinner, and then I needed to go on an excursion to find a container of heavy whipping cream since I still drink Keto Chow while on work trips. Grocery stores are not a staple on the Vegas Strip, let me tell ya.
All in all, I wasn’t in bed until 10 PM and my week was off to a somewhat rocky start. I was so busy, in fact, that I didn’t once get down to the hotel fitness center.
But that’s all okay.
Rule of Life: Roll With the Punches
I wouldn’t have gotten this far in my journey if I treated every setback or let-down as a stop sign. If I’m not able to finish my to-do list, I need to re-evaluate how much I can actually fit into the time I have. If that means something on the to-do list gets chopped, so be it.
Even choosing my top 3 things to do can fall short. While yes, it’s ideal to actually finish those top 3 things, life happens!
It’s not the end of the world if I don’t actually finish those 3 things—all of them, or any of them.
Sometimes you have a really stressful travel day and forget to meditate—and end up breaking your 550-plus-day-streak in Headspace. (That happened.)
And sometimes you need to get a Streak Freeze in Duolingo to maintain your 550-plus-day-streak there, too. (Also happened. Three times.)
This week has been a good reminder to practice patience even when I struggle with it—almost being late to a dinner reservation, for instance. This year, in fact, I’ve gotten a lot more mellow about the things I can’t control and how I let them affect me.
Lack of patience notwithstanding.
This year has taught me a lot, and I’m looking forward to the next year and what it’ll bring.
Thanks for joining me on this interesting ride and, as always, you can find the first 51 installments below 🙂
- Work towards creating a wealthy life <3 by striving towards my 2019 goals.
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: Make Time Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity
- 43: Hello, New Cousin!
- 44: My Office is a Disaster Zone
- 45: Goals, Decluttering, and Courses
- 46: Christmas, Skiing, Friends, and Family
- 47: New Year, Such Excitement!
- 48: Rock Climbing! Skiing!
- 49: Pitching, Clients, and a Happy Dance
- 50: Settling into a Place of Routine and Flow
- 51: I Love the Rhythm