Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week fifty: January 20-26, 2019.
The final countdown! After this post, there are only two installments left for this series, which started last year as a way to document my growth and experience trying something new. This week has been great, though very busy, and at the end of it I’m yet again reminded of how much I rely on planning and how often I need to schedule things in to make sure I have enough time to do them.
What I Said I’d Do
- Book outline and word-count goal
- Start new VA work!
- Make progress in the Transcription course
- Write a guest post draft for a fellow blogger 🙂
What I Actually Worked On
- I started refining my book outline, but I’m still about 4300 words short of 75,000. I’ve no doubt I’ll quickly meet this goal—and the surest way to do it is by intentionally scheduling a huge block of time to do it.
- Breaking into the virtual assistant space is fun! I’m enjoying the experience so far and I’m looking forward to not only helping my clients but learning from them as well.
- Womp, womp…the only thing from this week’s “goals” that I didn’t do was work on the transcription course—or any course, for that matter. It’s been a busy week, but I know from past experience that that’s not a good reason.
- I spent some of my morning writing time writing a guest-post draft for a fellow blogger.
Days 344 – 350
Something super exciting that happened this week is that I received an advance reader copy of Gary Sinise’s first book, Grateful American, which is in stores everywhere on February 12th, 2019.
For the life of me, I can’t remember how I ended up in the Facebook group for his launch team, but I was among the first 500, all of whom received advance copies to read and review before the release date. So far I’m absolutely loving it—Gary is one of my favorite actors and reading his story honestly makes me like him even more.
I highly, highly encourage everyone to pick up a copy when it comes out! Barnes & Noble has autographed copies, too!
On the business side of things, I finally got business bank accounts and am figuring out the whole tax thing. I know for a lot of people it’s scary, but I firmly believe that if you take the time to research and reach out for help, everything is easier. I got some questions answered, appointments scheduled, and my stress levels surrounding this are pretty low as a result.
And finally, this week (Jan 21-26) was the first week of the Work Your Way 2019 live event! There’s still time to join, and the summit starts the week this post goes live! It’s the event preceding the annual launch of the Work-At-Home School, which is the #1 reason I’ve spent this whole year writing these Journey to Magnificence posts, to begin with.
Without the Work-At-Home School or the summit from last year, I have no idea how my 2018 would have turned out, but I know for certain it would not have been anywhere close to what actually happened.
2018 became amazing for me precisely because I made the decision to get on board with that program and I’ve made so many new friends along the way!
This past week I changed up how I record and track goals in my weekly Evernote task list. I’ve broken my “champagne moment,” as Demir & Carey Bentley call it, into 4 sections—my 3 BIG GOALS for the year, and a personal goal for the week or month (such as my 30-day challenges). So this is what this coming week looks like in those terms:
- Big Goal: Publish my book.
- This Week: Finish up the word-count goal for my book & spend 3 hours editing.
- Big Goal: Achieve a healthy weight.
- This Week: MWF 30 minutes in my work gym; Thurs/Sun rock climbing.
- Big Goal: Earn $12,000 in side-income.
- This Week: Continue working with clients.
- Personal Goal: Prepping for February’s goal to interview my Grandma about her life (she’s 93 next month!)
- This Week: Get some interviewing equipment (lapel microphones and a phone tripod) and spend part of Saturday interviewing her 🙂
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity
- 43: Hello, New Cousin!
- 44: My Office is a Disaster Zone
- 45: Goals, Decluttering, and Courses
- 46: Christmas, Skiing, Friends, and Family
- 47: New Year, Such Excitement!
- 48: Rock Climbing! Skiing!
- 49: Pitching, Clients, and a Happy Dance