Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week forty-five: December 16-22, 2018.
I love getting close to the end of the year. It’s time to wrap up projects, set new goals, and look forward to what the new year holds. This week has been good, especially with my discipline. I altered my Google Calendar a bit to schedule things specific to the three areas of my life: personal, professional, and side-hustle/blogging. With different colored calendars, it’s easy to see what I need to get done each day for each area.
This helped with sticking to my schedule, too, for some reason.
What I Said I’d Do
- Finish writing, editing, and scheduling/submitting posts for the rest of December
- Write 2500 words for The Seventh Sorceress
- Finish filling out SYG Planner
- Spend 3 hours in SYG course
What I Actually Worked On
- Finished the posts for December!
- Wrote over 2500 words for my book!
- Finished filling out as much of the Slay Your Goals planner as I could given the time of year (Planner goes on sale again on December 26th!)
- Spent 3 hours in the Slay Your Goals course
- Started Janet Shaughnessy’s General Transcription Theory & Practice course
- Completed one lesson of the Project Management for Virtual Assistants course
Days 309 – 315
This week was better than last week in terms of reaching all the “champagne moments” I established last Sunday. I’m finding myself more motivated and excited to get things done as I worked through the Slay Your Goals Planner and the time I’m spending in Davina Faust’s Resolved group.
Having someone to which I’m accountable is a massive, massive help.
And this coming Thursday, December 27th, I’ll be publishing my list of goals for 2019 —> so keep an eye out for that! I’ll be reviewing how I did next year 😉
Admittedly, this month’s 30-day challenge is a little different than in previous months. The goal is to declutter, and I read the book Unstuff Your Life to help with that. It’s a great read with a lot of good tips and processes for cutting down on the clutter, and I’m trying to use those principles in our house now.
There’s just so much stuff!
I’m anticipating a bulk of the decluttering to take place next week while I’m off from work. The biggest hurdle so far has been the office closet, and that is now (mostly) ready to go.
And I know this is being posted on Christmas Eve, so I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Stay safe, have fun, and give thanks.
- Outline what I want my author website to look like and research hosting options
- Finish Project Management for Virtual Assistants
- Finish the Slay Your Goals Course
- Spend 30 minutes to an hour every day working on the transcription course
- Write out a detailed plan and schedule for 2019 so I can hit the ground running on January 1st
- Finish my decluttering project by donating what we’ve filtered out
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity
- 43: Hello, New Cousin!
- 44: My Office is a Disaster Zone