Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week forty-nine: January 13-19, 2019.
Well, the day this post is published (January 21, 2019) is the first day of Work Your Way 2019. You should still be able to sign up for it or, if you’re coming to this later, sign up for the wait list for the next event and launch.
This event is the second iteration of the Work-At-Home School, which is what got me back into this blog and has pushed me so far forward it’s insane. I highly, highly recommend you attend!
What I Said I’d Do
- Finish the General Transcription Theory & Practice Course
- Reach 75,000 words in my novel (short by 6312 words) <— this probably won’t mean I’m done writing; there’s a lot of work yet to do and sections to tie together. I should also do a plot outline but I’m very pressed for time this coming week and need to focus on only a few things.
What I Actually Worked On
- Pitched to some potential VA clients and ended up with some yeses…meaning my original plan for the week went out the window, much to my surprise! Totally okay with this, though. I’m taking each day and week as it comes 🙂
Days 337 – 343
Despite not getting as far into the Transcription course as I’d like, it turns out that there isn’t a time limit like I thought and I have all the time I need to finish level one.
As of this writing, I still need 4,267 words to meet 75,000 for my novel, but that’s not going to be difficult to meet. I had thoughts, actually, of increasing the goal up to 100,000 (twice the word count from November alone!) but with all my other goals this year that’s just putting more work on myself that I don’t need before outlining the full plot.
I’ve been working from a general idea and have a lot of interesting scenes that I need to figure out how to fit into an overarching plotline…
As for progress on my other goals for the year—I’ve now gone to both of the rock climbing gyms in my area and decided I like the one that’s farther away.
I’m pleasantly surprised by how well things are going at the moment. I’m going to enjoy them and decide to ignore all the anxious feelings that arise whenever I try something new.
Because that happens to all of us—the “something new” is also a chance for new failure.
But, as Ginni Rometty says, “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” I wrote about this in my guest post for Refactor Daily, which should be publishing this week.
There are plenty of daily opportunities to step outside our comfort zones and try new things.
What new thing do you want to try but haven’t yet, because you’re afraid of failure?
- Book outline and word-count goal
- Start new VA work!
- Make progress in the Transcription course
- Write a guest post draft for a fellow blogger 🙂
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity
- 43: Hello, New Cousin!
- 44: My Office is a Disaster Zone
- 45: Goals, Decluttering, and Courses
- 46: Christmas, Skiing, Friends, and Family
- 47: New Year, Such Excitement!
- 48: Rock Climbing! Skiing!