Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week forty-three: December 2-8, 2018.
Oh boy. I didn’t give myself enough time for all the things on my list for this week, but that’s okay. I have all the time in the world, and just need to plan things out a little better.
On the bright side, I got a few things done and learned something new! The most exciting thing this week? We found out my dad had an older brother who was adopted out before my grandparents even married—so my family has just welcomed a new cousin. Unfortunately, my long-lost uncle passed back in 2001, so we’re unable to meet him.
What I Said I’d Do
- December’s 30-day challenge is to downsize, declutter, minimize—whatever you want to call it. We (I) have too much stuff taking up space in our apartment, and the time has come to do a thorough dig-through of my closets and finally make my desk an organized haven of knowing exactly what I have and where it is.
- Continue writing my book, but not at such a breakneck pace as 1667 words a day!
- Start filling out my Slay Your Goals Planner for 2019.
- Reach out to potential VA clients!
What I Actually Worked On
- Reached out to potential VA clients 🙂
- Module 1 of Project Management for Virtual Assistants
- Applied for a business license!
Days 295 – 301
I vastly underestimated the time it will take to do this decluttering project. The filing cabinet alone took several hours this past weekend—and all I’ve done so far is sort out the ones to be shredded, recycled, or kept! Granted, the “keep” pile is significantly smaller than either of the other two piles, but I still have to scan those pages and then create a new filing system.
That being recognized, I’m anticipating a lot of my efforts in this being exerted on the weekends and during the upcoming Christmas time off from work.
What suffered the most this week was my novel. :’(
With November over, the artificial deadline is gone and, sadly, so is a lot of my motivation for it. I’m going to take some time this week to really plan out my schedule and to-dos, and include time for what I still call “NaNo writing”.
On Saturday, we donated my old suitcase (full of clothes) and a huge duffel bag (also full of clothes) to our local donation center. And that was just the clothes! Come the end of the month (or the middle, depending on how fast our new thrift box fills up) we’ll have even more to pass on to other hands that need our things more than we do.
I did take some time to reexamine my strategy on Medium and have shuffled some things around in order to submit to three different Medium publications a week. Publications are like magazines on Medium, and they give stories a bigger audience.
- Write 2500 words for The Seventh Sorceress
- Start filling out the Slay Your Goals Planner <– review post!
- Be present and active in Davina Faust’s Resolved program for this month 🙂
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!
- 40: Podcasts Galore
- 41: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 42: December Clarity