Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week thirty-five: October 7 – 13, 2018.
To be totally honest, having a cold kinda messed me up. I’m not totally blaming my feelings of burnout and feeling behind-ness on it, but it certainly didn’t help.
What really messed me up was stopping using my time tracker.
I tried to make my own for fifteen-minute increments, thinking it would give me a better idea of where I spend my time, but it just made things a lot harder to track – so I didn’t.
What I Said I’d Do
- Since this cold is changing things up, pretty much I just want to make it through the week without missing any deadlines or putting things off “just because I feel sick.”
What I Actually Worked On
- It felt like I worked on very little. I didn’t use “sickness” as an excuse, but I let not tracking my time be one.
- Hand-copied chapters 7 through 13 of the Book of Acts
- Finished reading the last book of September’s challenge (#13) and started reading Extreme Ownership, which is what’s helping put me back on track now.
- Started new work for my VA client.
Days 239 – 245
It’s starting to feel like the home stretch with these weekly update posts.
My goal at the beginning was to do one every week for a year, not only to build content, but also to build myself up – to go from the beginning to one year and track the progress along the way.
In some weeks, I feel like I’ve done that well, and others, I feel like I let excuses pile up because I didn’t feel like doing some things.
And that’s all part of reality.
We all have ups and downs. As much as I’d like it not to be, my motivation ebbs a lot and flows a little.
What keeps me going is accountability, the desire to do great things, and to bring my message to people who can use it.
Sometimes the best question to ask is, “What would I have liked to know about [TOPIC] when I was a teenager?”
None of us should be living in the past, but all of us should be learning from it.
It’s okay to make mistakes.
It’s okay to feel burned out, as long as I address it and take time for me.
In fact, over the weekend the husband and I spent about half a day with my godparents, chatting, eating, and playing Cards Against Humanity. It was one of the best weekends I’ve had in a while in terms of getting outside the house and seeing family (AKA favorite family).
So that’s this past week.
- Track my time for at least 80% of the time, but preferably way more. One of the biggest problems I had with the time tracker is if I missed recording a block I felt like I had to clear out the whole column otherwise it would mess up the calculations for averages and totals.
- Pick my top priority and do that to completion before moving on to the next thing. I’ll do my best not to do “two things at once” (not multitasking, but multi-prioritizing).
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2