Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week thirty-nine: November 4-10, 2018.
This week felt 200% more productive than the last few months. I think it was a combination of having clear-cut goals for the week, a plan to achieve them, and a way to track and tally the time spent working on them. It also helps that NaNoWriMo is really fun!
What I Said I’d Do
- Write 11667 words for my novel 🙂
- Finish module 8 of the 30 Days or Less to VA Success course, and start module 9.
What I Actually Worked On
- Wrote 12,152 words for my novel (measuring to 11:13 AM on Sunday, November 11th)
- Finished modules 8, 9, 10, and 11 of 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success. It was really easy to fly through the lessons this week. I also invested in Gina Horkey’s new Project Management for Virtual Assistants course, so I want to get to the point of being able to take that. My plan is to have a VA page live on this site by the end of the month!
Days 267 – 273
Just…wow. I had a few hiccups this week in terms of timing—Wednesday I didn’t meet my writing goal for NaNoWriMo, but I made up for it on Thursday by adding the missing word count to my Thursday goal and locking my computer with Cold Turkey Writer until I met that goal. I ended up writing 2,486 words in just over an hour, making it one of my wordiest days this month!
In addition to that, the fact that I’m actually writing this much fiction is sparking new ideas and directions for the book to go in.
In terms of other productivity, getting through most of the rest of the VA course in just a few days has boosted my motivation, and I’m eager to continue working towards getting the Work With Me page live.
My intention is to offer VA services through Inspired Forward, instead of creating a new website and all that. All the supporting evidence for my journey towards this point is documented here in the Journey to Magnificence, so why not keep it associated here?
I’m actually thinking of using the colleenmitchell.co website for an author page, once I get to the point of publishing the book I’m writing for NaNo—and its future sequels.
And that’s all I have for you this week—I’m going to keep up the momentum with writing and getting things done!
- Write another 11,667 words of my novel
- Finish the last 3 modules of 30 DOL 2 VA Success
- Create a rough outline for my “Work With Me” page
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!