Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week thirty: September 2 – 8, 2018.
Pinterest took up some big chunks of time this week, and it wasn’t just me scrolling through home decor ideas 😛 The biggest win, though, happened at the beginning of the week – I scheduled all of the posts, both on the blog and on Medium, for the month of September! Minus these Journey posts, written in real-time, September is completely scheduled.
What I Said I’d Do
- Administrative cleanup and organization on the blog
- Spend 2 hours in the #GoalSlaying in 6 Steps program
- Create Pinterest post images for the Journey to Magnificence posts through December
What I Actually Worked On
- Edited & scheduled all the posts for September!
- Scheduled out pins through October using Tailwind
- Created JTM Pinterest pins for the posts through December
- Created new Pinterest board covers & added them 🙂
- Replied to all the comments on blog posts
Sunday, Day 204 – A Whole Month Scheduled??
I’m proud of what I accomplished today:
- Edited and scheduled ALL posts for September minus three Journey to Magnificence posts, which get written as the weeks happen 🙂
- Finished reading the advance copy of the Blogger Habits book, and wrote a review for it on Amazon. It’s been released now, so go grab your copy now! There’s a lot of great info in it for anyone who wants to be successful in their life.
- Made a new friend while playing Pokemon Go after church
I also got a brain dump of ideas and to-dos down onto digital paper. That way I can prioritize things in a way that complements my goals.
Monday, Day 205 – Happy Labor Day!
The husband and I went on a bike ride with his parents this morning and spent a couple of hours afterward chatting over coffee and lunch.
When we returned home, though, the real productivity unleashed! I filled up my entire Tailwind Pinterest schedule through October, so I don’t have to worry about that for a while!
The rest of the evening, though, is liable to consumption by reading…a lot. I’m on day 3 of my personal challenge to read 10 or more books in 30 days, and I’m in the middle of book two already.
Tuesday, Day 206 – Free Loofah, I Guess
As today was a massage day there wasn’t much done on the productive side of things other than listing out everything I need to budget time for in a given week.
We did, however, get an unsolicited package from Walmart with a loofah and no packing slip. We didn’t order a loofah, weren’t charged for a loofah, don’t have a Walmart account, and so are quite baffled.
I ended up reporting it to Amazon.
In any case…free loofah I guess!
Wednesday, Day 207 – Hump Day Slump
Oh hello, Bare Ass Minimum day!
I’m starting to think that this September challenge to read 10 books or more in 30 days might beat me up. If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen, but I’m still going to try to do it.
When I got home from work, the husband and I went on a walk and right in the middle of it I felt the last two nights of sub-par sleep catch up to me.
Plans for productivity evaporated in a poof of “oh well.”
I’ve been neglecting to put a lot of effort into my time tracker. That’s going to have to change soon, especially since I have a lot of projects looming on the horizon that will need to be done at some point – and some on a regular basis.
Thursday, Day 208 – Replied to All Comments!
I had vague plans to do something more interesting tonight and instead ended up replying to all the comments on my blog posts.
This counts towards the administrative “cleanup” if you will. I’d been putting it off for a while, and tonight sucked me into one task until it got done.
As time moves ever forward, I endeavor to reply to comments in real time! I like the idea of having a comment conversation, like on Facebook.
Friday, Day 209 – Mini Challenge Update
I’m a week into my September Challenge to read 10 or more books in 30 days, and today I finished book #4 and started book #5! I don’t think I’ll be able to sustain this pace the entire month considering my other responsibilities, but getting a head start is always nice.
The last week of this month is going to be difficult to stay on pace since I’m involved in a 4-day conference for work.
My Kindle Paperwhite has been awesome for this challenge.
I think the most helpful feature is showing the time left in the chapter or time left in the book. Based on how fast you flip pages, it can predict how long it will take you to finish!
Slightly related, I’m currently reading Moneyball and it occurred to me that I like reading about sports and watching movies about sports (The Blind Side, The Rookie, etc.) but I don’t actually like watching sports.
Is anyone else like this??
Saturday, Day 210 – A Day to Catch Up
I didn’t spend the bulk of this week on my real to-do list, so the only plans for today involve working down that list in an orderly fashion, getting things done left and right.
That being said, I get distracted easily. Good thing it’s cloudy, raining, and cold out!
- Decide 3 things to focus on next week and pre-schedule each day’s 3 most important things in advance. And stick to it.
Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
If you missed a post or found this one first, find the others here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2