November 14, 2018
Today is World Diabetes Day.
It’s a day intended to promote awareness and education about diabetes, especially type 1 diabetes.
I have been a type 1 diabetic for twenty-three years. You can read more about my experiences in these posts:
- 25 Truth Bombs to Make You Re-Think Type 1 Diabetes
- 4 Things Type 1 Diabetics Have to Watch Out For
- The Stress Associated with Type 1 Diabetes
- This is What My Day as a Type 1 Diabetic Looks Like
- How to React When Family Members Joke About Diabetes
- What is Type 1 Diabetes? And Why You Should Care
Today I want to talk about something a little different — why it’s important to be willing to speak up about things, especially our invisible illnesses.