Type 1 Diabetes is challenging, frustrating, and life-changing. Each Tuesday, join Colleen Mitchell and Jessie Tuggey, life-long diabetics, as they talk about real life with Type 1, discussing the impact it makes on their lives without defining them. If you have type 1, know someone with type 1, or just want to learn more about this incurable condition, this podcast is for you.
I’m Colleen Mitchell, a writer, analyst, and entrepreneur. I’ve had type 1 diabetes for ~24 years and am a major advocate for educating others about this disease. I’m not shy about talking about how it’s affected my life and what I hope for in the future.
My co-host, Jessie Tuggey, is Tim’s and my pseudo-daughter from Panther Camp. I’ve known her since she first came to Panther Camp at age 9, after diagnosis at age 8. She’s pursuing engineering and loves being outdoors. Jessie’s also excited to make diabetes education more accessible, especially for her friends that don’t know it very well.
Recent Show Notes
Resources for Type 1 Diabetics
- Bright Spots and Landmines by Adam Brown ← this is a really good book, and you can get it for free!
- JDRF TypeOneNation Forum
- Diabetes Association of Pierce County—Panther Camp
- Washington State Diabetes Connection
- College Diabetes Network
- Beyond Type 1
- Join the Beyond Type 1 Community here!
- Behavioral Diabetes
- Life for a Child
- Team Type 1
Blog Posts on Type 1 Diabetes
- 25 Truth Bombs to Make You Re-Think Type 1 Diabetes
- The Stress Associated with Type 1 Diabetes
- What is Type 1 Diabetes and Why You Should Care
- What Burnout Looks Like in a Type 1 Diabetic
- World Diabetes Day is About Visibility
- What I’ve Learned from 20 Years at Panther Camp
- 4 Things Type 1 Diabetics Have to Watch Out For
- How to React When Family Members Joke About Diabetes
- This is What a Day as a Type 1 Diabetic Looks Like
Leave a comment with a link to your favorite resource! Let us know what you want to hear about on the podcast! Got questions for us to answer? Pop them down below and we’ll see what we can do.
Connect & Show Support!
20% of all proceeds through Patreon will go directly to support Panther Camp.