Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week thirty-four: September 30 – October 6, 2018.
This week’s review is short and sweet since I’m pretty sure I caught a cold at the conference. I usually write this up on the weekend, but instead spent all day Sunday feeling sick and watching Louder with Crowder videos. But hey! Sometimes you just need that kind of day.
What I Said I’d Do
- Smartsheet Conference
- Start my October Challenge – Hand-Copy a chapter of Scripture a day (the Book of Acts).
What I Actually Worked On
- Smartsheet Conference
- Started my October Challenge to Hand-Copy the book of Acts
Sunday, Day 232 – A Lot of Work for the Next 2 Months
I did invest a lot of time today getting ready for the next two months, most notably by editing and scheduling most of the posts for October.
This will help when I get to the point of needing to schedule out November…so I can have more time spent focusing on NaNoWriMo.
Today was also the last day of September’s challenge to read 10 books in 30 days. I made it to 12.5!
Monday, Day 233 – Start of the October 30-Day Challenge
Today I began my October challenge – hand-copy the book of Acts in 30 days.
Acts has 28 chapters, which means I can have two grace days. I’m considering, but not committed, to adding two chapters of other books of the Bible to make it actually a chapter a day kind of challenge.
I also find it interesting that, at the end of this challenge, I’ll be one-quarter through my year of 30-day challenges.
It’s crazy how fast time flies!
Tuesday-Thursday, Days 234-236 – Conference, Round 2
This is my second round at the Smartsheet conference, and last year was its inaugural conference! I actually had one of the Smartsheet employees call me an OG conference goer.
I love this conference.
This is where they unveil all the new releases for the product, and give us use cases and tips on how to best use Smartsheet.
At my company, I’m the “Smartsheet Whisperer” according to some colleagues.
I didn’t ask for it, but when I got involved in projects using this tool, I fell in love and ran with it.
I also met a lot of other really cool people from other industries who also use it, and who use it in different ways.
The main benefit (besides hearing about the cool new features!) is meeting real people who also love it as much as I do.
Except I think I got a cold from someone here.
Friday, Day 237 – Tired AF
I’m so tired today.
That’s…that’s it. I’m going to bed early tonight!
Saturday, Day 238 – Movie Night
This morning was probably the most productive part of the entire weekend.
Morning routine, laundry, 30-day challenge, some reading, work on the #GoalSlaying in 6 Steps course, and shopping for both the kitty and groceries.
Later this evening, though, I started to feel a bit of a sore throat, sluggish, and sneezy – which turned into a full-blown cold overnight.
Instead of working on the blog, the husband and I watched the 2nd Mummy movie – The Mummy Returns. So cheesy with bad graphics, but still a good movie that I like 🙂
- Since this cold is changing things up, pretty much I just want to make it through the week without missing any deadlines or putting things off “just because I feel sick.”
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1