Inspired Forward is an Amazon Affiliate partner, as well as an affiliate partner with other bloggers and affiliate programs. We may receive a commission from products purchased through affiliate links in this post.
Welcome to The Journey to Magnificence! This is week forty: November 11-17, 2018.
NaNoWriMo is so much fun and somehow I’m fitting in time to get coursework done for the VA course, which in itself is quite motivating.
What I Said I’d Do
- Write another 11,667 words of my novel
- Finish the last 3 modules of 30 DOL 2 VA Success
- Create a rough outline for my “Work With Me” page
What I Actually Worked On
- Wrote 12,901 words for my novel—and got the outline done in Scrivener!
- Finished 30 Days or Less to VA Success course!
- Started Project Management for Virtual Assistants course
- Outlined “Work With Me” page!
Days 274 – 280
Wow! So much progress on my novel this week! Saturday morning’s writing got me up to a total of 31,251 words! And looking at my Scrivener sidebar, I’ve got a ways yet to go to even get this first novel done. It’s definitely going to surpass 50,000 words, but I’m having fun writing out characterizations and interactions between characters that have lived in the back of my mind for what feels like decades.
Like I mentioned in this post, the novel is a mash-up between two novels I wrote as a kid, and let me tell you—it was such a great idea to do this! It’s exposing sides of my characters that I didn’t see before, and it’s also letting me practice my angsty and dramatic writing skills that have been a bit rusty for a while.
A lot of my early Fanfiction (okay basically all of it) is 85% angst and drama, but (if I do say so myself) I’m good at writing it, and it’s fun to do 🙂
I’ve also been listening to podcasts on the short drive to work (plugging into my car’s aux system, no earphones!) and have been powering through several podcasts that I’d like to share:
- Turning Pain into Power with Davina Faust (<—check her out, she’s awesome)
- Get to the Point Podcast with Nina Manni & Traci Stumpf (all about points and miles and saving money and LITERALLY my favorite podcast)
- Do It Scared with Ruth Soukup
- Work at Home Heroes with Caitlin Pyle
- Jocko Podcast (Jocko Willink, the ex-Navy SEAL who worked with Chris Kyle and co-wrote Extreme Ownership with Leif Babin)
- Smart Passive Income (Pat Flynn)
- Pursuit with Purpose (Melyssa Griffin, from whom I bought my first ever course, Blog to Biz Hive)
- Stuff You Should Know (a few episodes here and there that looked interesting)
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Lead to Win (Michael Hyatt)
- Screw the Nine to Five Podcast (Josh & Jill Stanton)
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin
Now that I write them all out it looks like a lot…but I listen at 2x speed and so have been able to get through these pretty fast. Of course, many of these podcasts are up into the hundreds of episodes, so it’s also all a slow march of time 🙂
But it’s making my short drive to and from work just that much more productive, and so I’ll stick with it.
- Write another 11,667 words for The Seventh Sorceress
- Launch “Work With Me” virtual assistant page
- Finish modules 1 & 2 of Project Management for Virtual Assistants
If you missed a post or found this one first, the others can be found here:
- Intro: Tell Your Inner Voice to Shut Up
- 1: I Started the Thing!
- 2: Step Out of My Comfort Zone
- 3: When Plans Go Out the Window
- 4: Trying Out a Magic Notebook
- 5: Lessons from Unintentional Black Ski Runs
- 6: In Which We Adopt a Cat!
- 7: Curious Cat Enjoys All Existing Cords as Snacks
- 8: Mother Gothel SUCKS
- 9: Black Panther’s Sister is My Spirit Animal
- 10: A Plan is Coming Together
- 11: A Great-Grand Cat
- 12: My Calves Are Dead
- 13: Being Intentional Works
- 14: I’ll Raise You a Flash Flood with Hail
- 15: I Remembered Why I Hate Muggy Weather
- 16: The Magic of Sticky Notes
- 17: Time Tracking is a F*cking GAME CHANGER
- 18: So I’m a Writer for Medium Now
- 19: LA Traffic Scares the Sh*t Out of Me
- 20: I’m a Real Writer Now (AKA I Got Paid)
- 21: A Schedule for Quarterly Batching
- 22: Diabetes Camp Rocks
- 23: Plans Derailed by New Opportunities
- 24: Charming Friends
- 25: Knocking Out the Backlog
- 26: Welcome to the Deep End, Start Swimming
- 27: First Time in Philadelphia!
- 28: Bare-Ass Minimum Week…
- 29: End of Challenge 1, Start of Challenge 2
- 30: Lots of Pinterest, and Then Productivity
- 31: Early Champagne, Late BAM
- 32: Feeling Overwhelmed…AGAIN
- 33: Conference, Round 1
- 34: Conference, Round 2
- 35: So Much for Having Time – Make It Instead
- 36: Back to Tracking Time!
- 37: NaNoPrep Week
- 38: NaNoWriMoooooooooo!
- 39: Productivity Skyrocketed!